Chicken & Turmeric Quinoa
Total time 30 minutes
Recipe makes: 6 servings
|4||fresh coriander, washed, seperated into leaves and roots/stalks|
|10-20 g||turmeric root, peeled, in 2cm pieces|
|30 g||ginger root|
|200 g||white quinoa (see Tips)|
|40 g||coconut oil|
|1 tsp||sea salt, to taste|
|1 Tbsp||stock paste concentrate (veg or chicken)|
|1||corn cob, kernals only|
|½||red capsicum, deseeded, thin strips|
|6||asparagus, chopped 1 cm|
|50 g||bean sprouts|
|60 g||peas, frozen|
|500 g||chicken thigh, diced 3cm cubes|
|80 g||dried currants|
|1 – 2||red chilli, sliced to garnish (optional)|
- Wash then soak quinoa for overnight, up to 12 hours.
- Place coriander leaves only into mixing bowl with MC in place, and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
- Place turmeric, shallot, garlic, ginger into mixing bowl with MC in place, and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Place coconut oil into mixing bowl, with MC in place and cook 3 min/120°C/speed 1. Add water and stock paste into mixing bowl.
- Drain quinoa directly into TM basket over the sink, then place in position in the mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position, add the corn, capsicum and asparagus cook 8 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 3. Add the Varoma tray with peas and bean sprouts 2 min/Varoma//speed 3.
- Add 500 g chicken to the mixing bowl beneath the basket, cook 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1. Remove Varoma and place vegetables into Thermo-server to keep warm. Turn the quinoa from the basket to the bowl, into the chicken mixture, with MC in place, cook a further 5 min/100/Rev/speed 1.
- Place the quinoa into the Thermoserver with the vegetables and combine until evenly distributed. Leave to absorb 10 minutes then serve. Garnish with coriander leaves, currants and chilli.
- To make quinoa cook in the allotted time, soak for a minimum of 2 hours. To increase its nutrition and ease of digestion add coconut kefir or natural yoghurt to the soaking water.
- Chilli may be included in step 3 if you prefer a spicy meal.